False color problems with display profiles

Home Forums Help and Support False color problems with display profiles

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Knilch
    Participant

Hello forums,

this is my first post here and I would be very happy if you could help me with a problem I stumbled upon today and which I used over an hour on with Nikon support to close in.

I have calibrated my two-display setup on my Mac Pro 2009 under OS X El Capitan with DisplayCal to 6500K 130 candela. One of the display is a wide gamut LCD, the other one a cheaper Eizo with an average color reproduction.

Yesterday I installed software from Nikon (Picture Control Utility and also View NX) which doesn’t want to work with the profiles created for both of the displays. It shows wrong colors on all images (pink instead of blue and what not). Adobe products and actually every other Software I use has no problem at all.

Trying to single out the problem I sent the Nikon support guy several screenshots over Live Chat and he saw them the other way around. For him the picture looked right but the program interface displayed in false colors. So after some fiddling around with numerous settings I set my displays on a standard AdobeRGB profile and all problems disappeared. Even the screenshots I sent him he saw correctly.

This proved two points: taking screenshots in OS X embeds the display profile. And the display profile created by DisplayCAL has something in it that doesn’t work with everything.

Could you please point out what I could change in the settings of DisplayCAL to evade that problem? I have added screenshots and am curious to know what you guys see.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Knilch.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

this is a shortcoming in the Nikon software if it doesn’t support XYZ LUT profiles. See https://displaycal.net/#issue-redgreenswapped for an explanation and workaround.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS