Extreme difficulty adjusting white point of laptop screen

Home Forums Help and Support Extreme difficulty adjusting white point of laptop screen

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Declan Keane
    Participant

Hi im trying to calibrate my Dell laptop screen to 6500k. However im getting an extreme green cast  when i do so. Calibration looks fine if i set white point to “as measured” but the whitepoint is coming in around 7000ish when i do that. Im using a Dell XPS l502x laptop with a B+RG LED screen and a Spyder 5. When i take a whitepoint reading using the “interactive display adjustment panel” it shows very low greens and high reds and blues. Ive tried to adjust these using the Intel graphics card settings in control panel but it is impossible to get it right. Do i have some settings wrong  somewhere here? Is it possible to change the whitepoint of this screen or am i wasting my time?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

the Spyder5 can use the X-Rite spectral corrections originally designed for the ColorMunki Display/i1 Display Pro (i.e. “Spectral: LCD RG Phosphor”). Otherwise, use whitepoint “As measured”.

Ive tried to adjust these using the Intel graphics card settings in control panel but it is impossible to get it right.

Any form of software adjustment usually alters the video card gamma tables (videoLUT) which interferes with calibration, so cannot be used.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS