Extreme difference in measurements in different areas of the monitor

Home Forums Help and Support Extreme difference in measurements in different areas of the monitor

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Ori Sagiv
    Participant

Hi,
    After noticing a weird scenario that sometimes 6500k is 100-98-98 RGB and sometimes 100-99-98, and also the luminance is sometimes 121 and sometimes 119 or less in my case,
    I made a test and took measurements from different areas of the screen (by moving the measurements box).
    I was shocked to see the luminance went down to 100 in some areas (not the edges.)
    Is this a normal behavior, or the screen is more defective than I thought?
    How should I approach to calibrate this monitor? the absolute center (default measurement box placement) changes every 2 days..

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

After noticing a weird scenario that sometimes 6500k is 100-98-98 RGB and sometimes 100-99-98, and also the luminance is sometimes 121 and sometimes 119 or less in my case

These fluctuations are really small and insignificant.

I made a test and took measurements from different areas of the screen (by moving the measurements box).
    I was shocked to see the luminance went down to 100 in some areas (not the edges.)
    Is this a normal behavior, or the screen is more defective than I thought?

It is very common, unless the display has uniformity compensation, luminance and hue/chroma uniformity is bound to differ across the display surface.

How should I approach to calibrate this monitor? the absolute center (default measurement box placement) changes every 2 days..

Center is still the area where you’re going to focus most of the time.

Ori Sagiv
    Participant

Thank you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS