Error:the profile could not be installed/activated

Home Forums Help and Support Error:the profile could not be installed/activated

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Gianluca.M.
    Participant

Hello!
    Im trying to calibrate my monitor “Benq PD2500Q” with i1Display pro. during calibration everything is fine, at least I think. but when trying to install the profile my screen starts flashing and I get this error “the profile could not be installed/activated”.
    if I try to apply the profile with the displaycal loader the screen flashes again, windows shows me this notification “Display driver failed to start” and sometimes PC freezes. so I have to press the reset button.
    Im using Windows 10 x64 1909. vga is nvidia gtx 1070 ti, driver version 442.19.
    I have no problem running applications that use the graphics accelerator like games or adobe premiere pro cc 2020
    I attach the profile and log of the displaycal loader.
    Sorry for my very bad english.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

windows shows me this notification “Display driver failed to start”

This is definitely some problem with the display driver, no doubt about it. Some component of it may be not correctly installed. Re-install or install the current version of the nVidia drivers.

Gianluca.M.
    Participant

Thanks for your help Florian.
    surely it’s like you said, there were problems with the display driver. I solved it by doing these steps:
    – I completely uninstalled displaycal.
    – I completely removed the nVidia drivers with DDU
    – in the windows color management panel. Devices tab -> Profile -> reset my settings with the system defaults
    – i re installed the nVidia driver, then re installed displaycal with its loader
    Everything is working fine now.
    thanks again

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS