Errors when calibrating with Spyder5. Kubuntu 16.04

Home Forums Help and Support Errors when calibrating with Spyder5. Kubuntu 16.04

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Damon
    Participant

Computer info:
    Kubuntu 16.04
    Nvidia graphics card, using the Nvidia proprietary drivers
    Monitor: Acer B286HK
    Calibration tool: Spyder5 Pro
    Displaycal version: 3.1

I am a photographer that has been getting prints made, and the prints often do not match what I see on my monitor when I am done editing them (prints too dark). I bought a Spyder5 to try calibrating my monitor.

I went through the whole calibration process and received the following 2 errors:

Argyll CMS: Argyll 'V1.8.3' Build 'Linux 64' bit System 'Linux #83-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jan 18 14:10:15 UTC 2017 4.4.0-62-generic x86_64'
    Dispwin: Error - We don't have access to the VideuLUT for clearing

The other error reads:

colord: Querying for profile 'icc-62a44f803f495d968e83887c459a707b' returned no result for 5 seconds

Can anyone suggest how to resolve these errors?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

please use the official latest version 1.9.2 of ArgyllCMS, 1.8.3 is very outdated by now. You can download it manually from argyllcms.com or let DisplayCAL do it for you.

Also note that colord is not part of DisplayCAL and has its own support channels.

Damon
    Participant

I posted in the colord support channels. They told me to install package colord-kde, which I did, but I am still getting the same error.

I notice that the color profile from the calibration is stored in

~/.local/share/DisplayCAL/storage/B286HK #2 2017-08-30 12-16 2.2 F-S XYZLUT+MTX/

Should I maybe try manually copying the .icc profile from that directory into

/usr/share/color/icc/colord

That seems to be where there are other color profiles stored.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS