Error – The measured luminance response is highly non monotonic (device or instr

Home Forums Help and Support Error – The measured luminance response is highly non monotonic (device or instr

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Severin
    Participant

Hello,

We are running a calibration for Davinci Resolve on an external Eizo 24″ using Black Magic Ultra Studio Mini Monitor. We get the error message: The measured luminance response is highly non monotonic (device or instrument fault). Cannot generate tone response curves.

When opening the measurment window the measured result of White Point is around 4 Cd where it should reach about 100 Cd, with the brightness of the monitor set to 100%.. I believe this is an indication of our failure.. When executing the calibration, it stops after a while with the error message mentioned above.

What we also find strange is that the color patterns are showen in full screen on the monitor.

Looking forward for your help, maybe someone has the same problem..

Equipment: I Mac 5k, Davinci 16, Display Cal 3,8.. i1 display pro

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

What we also find strange is that the color patterns are showen in full screen on the monitor.

That is not the pattern color, but just the background (APL). It’s a known Resolve bug under macOS. Please report this bug (patterns not shown over CalMAN calibration interface) to BlackMagic design so they may eventually fix it. In the meantime, you may use full screen patterns as a work-around (only suitable for desktop monitors like yours, not necessarily TVs) by maximizing the measurement window, or use Resolve under Windows.

Severin
    Participant

Thank you Florian for your quick reply..

I checked full field pattern on, as well as I choose full screen for the measurment window.. Unfortunatly the calibration seems still wrong doing.. I attached a screenshot of the bizarre measurment of 2 Cd brightness.. I sucessfully calibrated in march this year, but this time (davinci 16) I can´t make it work..

If there is anything more information to provide.. please let me know..

Best Severin

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Severin
    Participant

attached all settings screenshoted.. for the last message, about single curve I used to check – no.. but also trying the oposite led to same result..

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

You have to click the “maximize” button on the measurement window to use full screen patterns.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Btw, full field pattern insertion is not needed for the EIZO. It’ll just (unnecessarily) increase measurement times.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS