Error for long calibrations

Home Forums Help and Support Error for long calibrations

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

RastaCook
    Participant

I can run displaycal no problem for smaller patch samples, but, i have an issue for longer calibrations. Its the second time now that I try 2000+ patches  with a medium speed and since it is very long I leave the computer,… when I come back I dont see any message or anything asking me if I want to apply the profile / preview …

That being said, if I look into Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\DisplayCAL\storage\
    I can see that there is a folder created with the profile name and an icc profile. I go in displayCal and file/Install display device profile…

I select the following file :
    dispcal-v4-sms24a850-2060patch-medspeed- SMS24A850 #1 2017-08-01 02-29 0.3127x 0.3291y sRGB M-S XYZLUT+MTX

Initially it gives this error:

The testchart file 
    “C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\DISPLA~1\storage\DISPCA~4.32~\DISPCA~1.ICM”
    Could not be read.

Value Error:
    “C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\DISPLA~1\storage\DISPCA~4.32~\DISPCA~1.ICM” is not in list

I click OK, and then I get the Install Profile Screen, where I can Preview calibration, It tells me the GamuT coverate is 91% etc… Profile self check Delta*76 average 0.28, maximum 1.10, RMS 0.34…  SO I check Install Profile as system default and click install profile… It SEEMS to be working, however, what is weird is that the profile is named DISPCA~1.ICM … thats not the actual profile name I gave and tried to apply, it seems to be an automatically generated name…??

The results of the applied profile seem OK, but, how do I know if something isnt messed up? I really would like to avoid running the calibration for hours again?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

dispcal-v4-sms24a850-2060patch-medspeed- SMS24A850 #1 2017-08-01 02-29 0.3127x 0.3291y sRGB M-S XYZLUT+MTX

That’s an excessively long name, try cutting that in half (at least!). Windows seems to be somewhat picky when it comes to length of individual file names and complete paths.

RastaCook
    Participant

Thanks, I see, I basically just added my specific name in front of the default variable of displaycal, I guess I can remove all those variable.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS