Eizo CS2730

Home Forums Help and Support Eizo CS2730

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Chris
    Participant

Here’s one of the measurement reports:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

My blacks (#2/#3) are still a little bit “off” – but I don’t know yet how to compensate this.

It’s normal for the black to have slightly higher delta E (although below 2 is still low) because normally for best contrast the black point isn’t touched by the calibration, and you usually don’t notice black having a slightly different hue if the black level is sufficiently low. If you want black point hue correction (sacrificing some contrast), you can enable it in the advanced options of the calibration tab.

Serge
    Participant

Hello

This is my first post. Congratulation to such an excellent software like DisplayCal!

I work with a CS2730 as well. I have done what Pharaday recommended (in his post from 09.02.2017) and got  the same results like Chris. DisplayCal is nearly in perfect agreement with ColorNavigator (used probe: i1 Display Pro).

I went a step further and rented a Colormunki Photo to do a matrix correction for (my grading monitor and) the CS2730.

Results:

CS2730 hardware-calibrated / profiled in CN (compensation table: no compensation):
    Verification with DisplayCal (no Correction) = Whitepoint 0.17

CS2730 hardware-calibrated / profiled in CN (compensation table: no compensation):
    Verification with DisplayCal (& selfmade matrix correction) = Whitepoint 8.82

CS2730 hardware-calibrated / profiled in CN (compensation table: color management):
    Verification with DisplayCal (& selfmade matrix correction) = Whitepoint 2.26

So what should I do?

– Distrust the Colormunki Photo and go back to no compensation at all?
    – Just rely on ColorNavigator with compensation table put to “color management” and live with less optimal results with the DisplayCal validation (done with selfmade matrix correction)?

Maybe I should also mention that I get perfect fitting colors between my grading monitor CS240 and the CS2730 with this set up:

– CS240 via Intensity Pro 4K, “Video 3D LUT for Resolve”-setting in DisplayCal (& selfmade matrix correction for CS240).

– CS2730, “Video 3D LUT for the Resolve”-setting in DisplayCal (changed for the GUI & selfmade matrix correction for CS2730). This on top of “hardware-calibrated / profiled in CN (compensation table: color management)” DisplayCal verification = Whitepoint 0.72

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Serge.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon   Calibrite ColorChecker Studio on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

if I’m understanding correctly, you calibrated and profiled the display with ColorNavigator, not using the correction that you created with DisplayCAL (which I think cannot be used with CN to begin with) for verification? That is not going to work. If using a colorimeter correction, you have to use it everywhere (for calibration, profiling, any other measurements).

Serge
    Participant

Hello Florian

Thank you for your replay.

In short I came to the following workflow:

I wanted to do the calibration in hardware, so I did that in ColorNavigator (with its own kind of correction). The correction I created, I only used for the verification (in DisplayCAL). This because I thought that the verification ist only about how close a profile is to universal values, which are independent from how the profile was created. Is this wrong? The verification of that was ok, except whitepoint (2.26)

For the Resolve GUI I used DisplayCAL to create a 3D LUT (with my correction) on top of the ColorNavigator Profile. When I did a verification of that, I got ok results.

For my grading monitor (Eizo CS240) I used DisplayCAL to create a 3D LUT (with the correction I created for this monitor). So this was done 100% with DisplayCAL. The verification of that was ok.

My impression was, that I am not so wrong, because when I compare the colors of my grading monitor with the Resolve GUI, they look very identical.

I hope, I have not misunderstood the whole concept.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

This because I thought that the verification ist only about how close a profile is to universal values, which are independent from how the profile was created. Is this wrong?

Kind of. The profile characterizes the monitor, i.e. it translates from device RGB values to the measured CIE values (and vice versa). But when measuring a monitor, the instrument and any applied colorimeter correction of course influence the measured CIE values.

For the Resolve GUI I used DisplayCAL to create a 3D LUT (with my correction) on top of the ColorNavigator Profile. When I did a verification of that, I got ok results.

Yes, because you created a new profile for the 3D LUT.

Serge
    Participant

It’s no problem to verify 3rd party profiles as long as they are ICCv2 profiles not v4 (trying to verify a v4 profile should result in an appropriate error message). But the same settings (monitor/graphics card) need to be used as when the profile was originally created.

So with “the same settings (monitor / graphics card) need to be used” you also mean the the same correction?

At the beginning of this thread Chris wrote about doing verification tests and using different spectral corrections:

“I still can’t get a good verification test unless the card is set to manual at D65.  I’ve used spectral corrections for GB-LED, RB-LED, WLED  including the CS270 and CS2420 corrections.”

“After many hours of experimenting the best spetral correction for this monitor is the GBr-LED.  However the video card temperature setting must be set to manual and 6500K.”

He must still be writing about the verification in DisplayCAL, because there are no detailed spectral corrections in ColorNavigator. There is only the choice for compensation table: “no compensation” or “color management.”

So, if I don’t misunderstand something, I should not have based my own steps on this procedure?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Serge.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

So with “the same settings (monitor / graphics card) need to be used” you also mean the the same correction?

Yes.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS