Eizo CG247X calibration troubles

Home Forums Help and Support Eizo CG247X calibration troubles

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

isticism
    Participant

I am having some issues calibrating my Eizo CG247X on Displaycal.

My calibration steps:
    1. Configure/calibrate monitor at 100 nits/2.4 gamma/native gamut via Colornavigator NX
    2. Calibrate with Displaycal, using Resolve as a pattern generator
    3. Profile with LightSpace DPS, using Resolve (loading Displaycal 3DLUT as “Active LUT” in LightSpace)

I’m getting poor results, despite closely following the steps at: https://hub.displaycal.net/wiki/3d-lut-creation-workflow-for-resolve/#pattern-generator-workflow

I’d appreciate anyone taking a look at the Lightspace report I’ve attached and providing me some advice about what might be going wrong during calibration.

Specifically I’m worried about the bump that happens at 0.3-0.5 on the “RGB Separation,” “RGB balance” and “Clip” graphs

Thanks!

<hr />

My system:
    iMac (late 2015) > thunderbolt > Blackmagic Ultrastudio Mini Monitor > HDMI > Eizo CG247X (Probe: X-Rite i1 Display Pro OEM Rev.B-02)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

I am having some issues calibrating my Eizo CG247X on Displaycal.

My calibration steps:
    1. Configure/calibrate monitor at 100 nits/2.4 gamma/native gamut via Colornavigator NX
    2. Calibrate with Displaycal, using Resolve as a pattern generator
    3. Profile with LightSpace DPS, using Resolve (loading Displaycal 3DLUT as “Active LUT” in LightSpace)

3 step checking:

-Try to validate Eizo’s HW calibration results first.
    If you wish to do it with DisplayCAL you can use an external device like an i1DisplayPro with a suitable spectral correction for CG247X like Lightspace’s “HP_DreamColor_Z24x_NewPanel.edr” (convert to CCSS with ArgyllCMS) or like the same file from HP Z32x software (it’s the same). CG247X internal colorimeter is not supported with DisplayCAL AFAIK.
    Look for issues like deviations from a* or b*=0 in grey ramp.

-If it is OK then use  DisplayCAL to get Resolve’s profile. Look for issues in TRC curves (DisplayCAL’s profile information), check if they drift from each other in those points you said.

-If it is OK too, then use DisplayCAL to generate software LUT3D for Resolve. Then validate it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS