Dual Monitor Setup, DisplayCal only makes 1 Profile

Home Forums Help and Support Dual Monitor Setup, DisplayCal only makes 1 Profile

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

editdroid
    Participant

I have dual P2715Qs on my multiple boot system (Sierra, Yosemite, Windows 10). When I first used DisplayCal with my Spyder5 Elite, two display profiles were created (Monitor1 and Monitor2). Yesterday when running calibration on Monitor2, I was warned that Monitor2 Profile would be overwritten, which was fine. After the 4 plus hours of calibration, I switched the display to Monitor1 (primary). I saw Monitor1 listed in the Settings box, but when I pressed Calibrate & Profile, I was warned that Monitor2 Profile would be overwritten. I quit DisplayCal and tried again, but still got the same message about Monitor2 Profile, even though I was trying to calibrate Monitor1. On an off chance there was some glitch, I went ahead and started the Calibrate & Profile. Well, 4 plus hours later, the new Profile was called Monitor2, and there was no profile for Monitor1. I installed the new Monitor2 Profile on both monitors, and Monitor2 visibly has more red in it.

Is there something I’m missing when trying to calibrate a dual monitor setup?

Thanks in advance.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

it seems you have changed the profile name to not include any diversifying information between the two monitors – the name needs to be different so the profiles will not overwrite each other.

editdroid
    Participant

Nope, I was using Monitor1 and Monitor2. It overwrote Monitor2 when I calibrated, but when I wanted to create a new Monitor1, it would only overright Monitor1.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

That’s what placeholders in the profile name are for. If you’re not using placeholders, then the name can not change automatically.

editdroid
    Participant

I’m not getting you. I typed in names for each monitor when I switched to the one I wanted to calibrate. Is there a step-by-step for calibrating two monitors?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I typed in names for each monitor when I switched to the one I wanted to calibrate

You can do that of course, but then you have to remember to update the name each time you switch monitors.

Is there a step-by-step for calibrating two monitors?

Sure. On the “Display & instrument” tab, select the monitor you want to calibrate/profile under the “Display” dropdown. Then click “Calibrate & profile”. Repeat for additional monitors. That’s it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS