doesn’t see colormunki smile

Home Forums Help and Support doesn’t see colormunki smile

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

jimjim
    Participant

My original  colormunki software stopped working and the device has been discontinued.  A friend pointed me to DisplayCAL.  But, it does not recognize the device.

One of the pinned messages may have explained my issue.  The article says USB 3 may be the problem but it seems unlikely to me.

Because of COVID I had not used the device in  a little more than a year, but it was working when I stopped using it.  I’ve assumed a intervening Windows update caused it to stop working.

All of my USB ports are & were 3 and I’m using the same computer.  So, if it was working with the same hardware, how could it be the  USB  ports?

I’m looking for ideas.

Patrick1978
    Participant

Same question 4 years ago  https://hub.displaycal.net/forums/topic/colormunki-smile-not-recognized/
    got to install the Argyll  drivers for that device.

Although you might want to consider moving to a new device .  That is an old design that has gelatin filters the degrade over time.  Also I think it was only ever good for measuring old CCFL and WLED LCD’s, measurements on newer panel types is likely to be inaccurate even if the filters haven’t degraded.

jimjim
    Participant

Thanks for your reply.

I followed the instructions you linked to.  Still no luck.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by jimjim.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

MW
    Participant

Is it listed as a device in Windows settings? Do you have any Razer drivers in your system?

jimjim
    Participant

I don’t know what razer drivers are but to the best of my knowledge I have none

jimjim
    Participant

No, it’s not listed as a device, but being software I wouldn’t expect it to be.

I guess the absence of replies mean I won’t be able to get DisplayCAL to work.

MW
    Participant

No, it’s not listed as a device, but being software I wouldn’t expect it to be.

That’s because you are wrong, it is hardware and needs to be listed in windows devices otherwise no software can use it.

jimjim
    Participant

DisplayCAL is hardware?

jimjim
    Participant

If  by “it” you meant the Colormunki device, then yes. it’s listed

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS