Does i1Display Studio or ColorChecker Display support DisplayCal?

Home Forums Help and Support Does i1Display Studio or ColorChecker Display support DisplayCal?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ransontham
    Participant

Does the i1Display Studio (or ColorChecker Display) support DisplayCal? They have basically the same hardware.

I have heard (can’t really trace the source) that the i1Display Studio cannot support third party software, unlike the i1Display Pro. The Studio and the Pro have the same hardware, just software-locked to some extent, as far as I understand?

The i1Display Pro is explicitly stated as a supported device in displaycal.net. Can someone confirm that the i1Display Studio is or is not supported? Thank you in advance.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon   Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

As long as it uses the same unlock code as old colormunki display, it is supported. If not contact ArgyllCMS developer so he will add it.
    AFAIK they share unlock code so it is supported.

ransontham
    Participant

I am considering buying an i1Display Studio, but it’s potentially hard to get a refund, so can someone that has an i1Display Studio confirm that it works with DisplayCal?

t.g.v
    Participant

It works! Mine has revision B-02 and was built 03/2021.

Basically you are buying a new-labeled color munki display…

regards!

ransontham
    Participant

Understood. Just want to be very sure as I can’t imagine using any software other than DisplayCal haha.

t.g.v
    Participant

… the Calibrite software (as well as the former X-Rite software) is another fine mess to get it going. Multiple tries to recognize meter.

BUT – if it works, nice profiles result!

cheers!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by t.g.v. Reason: T Y P O
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS