Does everything look ok here?

Home Forums Help and Support Does everything look ok here?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Timtek
    Participant

Initially I used the defaults of DisplayCal and got this result: assumed target whitepoint: 7700K daylight. I decided to change the whitepoint to 6500º and consequently adjusted the RGB values on the OSD.

If I open the additional statistics I get “Not OK” warnings for:  Average ΔICtCp and  Maximum ΔICtCp. Is that anything to be concerned with?

I’ve attached the measurement report.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Timtek.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

MW
    Participant

The report looks fine, the type of result expected for your setup. The ΔICtCp warnings are for some near-black patches which is more relevant for different display tech. You should re-profile with a matching correction though for a correct reading of white. Either a generic correction that matches your backlight type or one specific for your display model from the user database.

Timtek
    Participant

Thanks for the tip. I made a new calibration profile using the LCD White LED family preset (LG, etc.).  The deltas are within acceptable limits I think. Attached the new report again for good measure.

Attachments:

Vincent
    Participant

Thanks for the tip. I made a new calibration profile using the LCD White LED family preset (LG, etc.).  The deltas are within acceptable limits I think. Attached the new report again for good measure.

P3 display? Wrong correction then. WLED PFS for P3 macs or 95% P3. Your white may not be white at all because it is measured wrongly

If it is an “sRGB only” UHD display forget what I wrote, but in a*b* plot looks like P3.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Vincent.

Timtek
    Participant

It is an LG 32UD59-B  VA display (4k UHD).

I have to admit, it’s the best monitor I’ve even owned (once calibrated) and I got it for $400 a few years ago. The price has gone down and I’d buy another one in a second.

I did run DisplayCal one more time with the whitepoint set to: As Measured because the 6500º setting seemed just a tad too warm for my taste. The report came back with the Assumed target whitepoint:
    6500K daylight. Anyway, thanks everyone for the help I’m going to donate to DisplayCal now.

Attachments:

Vincent
    Participant

It is an LG 32UD59-B  VA display (4k UHD).

I have to admit, it’s the best monitor I’ve even owned (once calibrated) and I got it for $400 a few years ago. The price has gone down and I’d buy another one in a second.

I did run DisplayCal one more time with the whitepoint set to: As Measured because the 6500º setting seemed just a tad too warm for my taste. The report came back with the Assumed target whitepoint:
    6500K daylight. Anyway, thanks everyone for the help I’m going to donate to DisplayCal now.

All is wrong. Already explained why. It looks warm because measurements are wrong, actual coordinates have different numbers.

Use WLED PFS for P3 macs or WLED PFS 95% P3

Grey range is not very good, you may want to use medium or slow speed.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Vincent.

Timtek
    Participant

Ok, I used PFS Phosphor WLED family, 120 cd/m2 and Chromaticity coordinates this time. Now the display measures 6495ºK which is pretty darn close!

Attachments:
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS