Dispwin: Warning – No vcgt tag found in profile – assuming linear

Home Forums Help and Support Dispwin: Warning – No vcgt tag found in profile – assuming linear

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Ron Quilent
    Participant

When using madVR 2018-08-01 16-36 0.3127x 0.329y S XYZLUT+MTX.Rec709.B0.0,2.4Gawt65.icm from the latest calibration + profile, I’m unable to load the vcgt info in the above icc profile using

dispwin.exe -d 1 "madVR 2018-08-01 16-36 0.3127x 0.329y S XYZLUT+MTX.Rec709.B0.0,2.4Gawt65.icm" -v

Previously, I have been able to use the generated icc profile and 3dlut without issues.

Any ideas? Thanks.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by Ron Quilent.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

That’s a device link profile, not a device profile, so dispwin doesn’t know what to do with it. You likely want to use the file “madVR 2018-08-01 16-36 0.3127x 0.329y S XYZLUT+MTX.icm” instead.

Ron Quilent
    Participant

That worked! However, there wasn’t any noticeable difference when the profile is applied. When the 3dlut from the profile is applied, it visibly corrects the bluish tint that the screen has.

Any reason why this could be ?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The calibration part of the profile is linear.

Ron Quilent
    Participant

I’m curious about why would the calibration part be linear ? Previously I’ve profiled the same way using dispcalgui and madTPG and the profile has always corrected for the bluish tint and lower gamma.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I’m curious about why would the calibration part be linear ?

When you don’t run calibration (i.e. tone curve and whitepoint set to “As measured”).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS