Displayport 8 bit vs 10 bit option?

Home Forums Help and Support Displayport 8 bit vs 10 bit option?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

S Simeonov
    Participant

My monitor is connected via displayport 1.2, and by default it is set to 8 bit in nvidia control panel, I made my calibrations for windows and madvr 3dlut with this 8 bit selection. I’m wondering if I switch to 10 bit which is (8 bit+frc) according to the monitor specs, will it affect it in a negative way, the next time I make calibrations etc. for windows and madvr 3dlut? Does this pseudo 10 bit option helps in any way or make things worse, like for example to ruin madvr’s dithering and etc.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by S Simeonov.

Neemh
    Participant

My monitor is connected via displayport 1.2, and by default it is set to 8 bit in nvidia control panel, I made my calibrations for windows and madvr 3dlut with this 8 bit selection. I’m wondering if I switch to 10 bit which is (8 bit+frc) according to the monitor specs, will it affect it in a negative way, the next time I make calibrations etc. for windows and madvr 3dlut? Does this pseudo 10 bit option helps in any way or make things worse, like for example to ruin madvr’s dithering and etc.

Wish to know too, coz wish to buy new monitor with 8bit+frc) Imho but must be affect coz 30 hz one color 30 hz another and this blinking we dont see – colometer must see i think and it will just dont understand what color it is…

S Simeonov
    Participant

Wish to know too, coz wish to buy new monitor with 8bit+frc) Imho but must be affect coz 30 hz one color 30 hz another and this blinking we dont see – colometer must see i think and it will just dont understand what color it is…

You have to experiment with these 2 options, I can’t test it cause I don’t have the monitor with pseudo 10 bit anymore.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS