DisplayCal quits measuring right after start

Home Forums Help and Support DisplayCal quits measuring right after start

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

tarna
    Participant

Hi!

Please help me, don’t understand this: I start the program (DisplayCal 3.8.9.3 on Mojave, Mac), I set everything as usual, and want to measure white level for example or want to start calibrating, but the program quits measuring after 1-2 sec, and it goes back to the main screen of the program, nothing happens. No fail messages or so, nothing.
    This is so weird, because a few days ago I made a calibration, it worked and now it does this. No clue, why. Tried to uninstall and reinstall it 3 times, no change. Argyll downloads correctly. I tried to plug my i1Display Pro to the machine or to the monitor, no difference. Everything is okay, just not starts the measurment. 🙁

This is my desktop, on may macbook it works perfectly. What can I do?  (i1Profiler works fine)

(I attached a short screenrecording, the colorimeter is on the screen of course)

• This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by tarna.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

tarna
    Participant

Guys, pls help me, I’m getting mad…

Can it be because I wrote this suggested command to Terminal? (attached screenshot) It is on the download page.

The app just don’t want to measure, doing nothing. I checked everything. 🙁 Why the hell it don’t want to work on my computer?

Thanks, if answer..!

Attachments:

Алексей Коробов
    Participant

Check your display, instrument and measurement mode selection. Screenshot from my PC is attached (it is in Russian).

Display selection must be your screen, not “web@localhost” etc.

Instrument selection must be real instrument. If DisplayCAL shows free space instead, check instrument driver, try different USB ports. If you install proprietary X-Rite or corresponding software, driver changes from opensource (Argyll, used by DisplayCAL) to official. I don’t know how to change it back on Mac, but I suppose it to be easy.

Some instruments work only with corresponding submodes, I don’t know it clearly, I’ve only met problems with ColorMunki by Xerox.

Attachments:

tarna
    Participant

Thanks for the answer, but I’have been using DisplayCal for years, never had this kind of issue. The settings (that you mentioned) are good, they are the usual settings. And like i’ve written, a week ago it worked fine. 🙁

I made reinstalls a few times, no changes.

Алексей Коробов
    Participant

Your command in terminal can’t influence here. It only checks package integrity. Perhaps, it can change access rights, but for whole package only. Hm, could it be OS or driver upgrade issue? We know problems with some USB controllers. Try to connect i1d using hub. Try to run it at different machine.

UPD: Check also for strong electromagnetic fields. I’ve recently met connectivity issue in a room with many bluetooth devices.

tarna
    Participant

I wrote in the original post, that on my macbook everything is okay, I mean the i1DisplayPro and the DisplyaCal works fine.

Алексей Коробов
    Participant

My i1d3 starts to die: wire near the device is broken. On Windows PC it usually looks like “undetermined USB device” or “no enough power to USB port”, but MacBook either sees it, or no. It generally depends on USB controller and ports power. So, one computer may work with i1d3, other don’t. So, I recommend you to check cable, to rotate the device carefully. I’ve disassembled my i1d3, I will publish some repairement instruction and photos on these days.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS