DisplayCAL profiles loading but not visible

Home Forums Help and Support DisplayCAL profiles loading but not visible

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

JBHapgood
    Participant

I’m using DisplayCAL with a huey Pro under Windows 10. The native software can create profiles, but the huey Pro native loader doesn’t work with Windows 10.

DisplayCAL correctly goes through its extensive calibration routine and generates a large profile file, but when the DisplayCAL loader loads it there is no visible difference from the uncalibrated display. When I go into the DisplayCAL loader and select a profile I created with the huey Pro’s native software, the difference is immediately visible. The DisplayCAL loader clearly is working properly, but only with profiles created with the huey Pro native software.

I’ve examined the profiles created with DisplayCAL using the “Profile Information” tool in the DisplayCAL loader. The gamut, calibration curves, and tone response curves are similar enough to the profiles created with the huey Pro native software to suggest that DisplayCAL is working correctly. But for some reason loading the DisplayCAL profile has no visible effect. The only major difference I noted was that DisplayCAL profiles are ICC version 2.2, while the huey Pro native software profiles are ICC version 4.0.

For now, I’m profiling my two displays with the huey Pro native software, but loading the profiles with the DisplayCAL loader. I have disabled the automatic startup of the native software, so there’s no conflict with the loaders. I would prefer to use the superior profiles DisplayCAL creates, but I can’t understand why they don’t work with the loader.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Your calibration is likely simply not changing much. If the display’s gamma is already close to the calibration gamma, this will result in a calibration that is almost linear. You can check the calibration curves with profile info or curve viewer.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS