DisplayCAL profile loader reapplies calibration many times

Home Forums Help and Support DisplayCAL profile loader reapplies calibration many times

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

MattyT
    Participant

Hi all,

Some quick background.  I have an old Spyder3, and a new Windows 10 laptop.  I installed the old Spyder3 software, and ran the calibration.  Some people said it didn’t run on Windows 10, others said it ran fine, other said it ran fine but they didn’t like the calibration.  It ran fine for me, but I didn’t like the calibration.

That drove me here, where I downloaded DisplayCAL and used it with my Spyder3.  It appeared to work fine, and I like the calibration!  All is well.

Expect the DisplayCAL profile loader seems to be in some sort of dogfight with something.  Mere minutes after booting up my computer, it reapplies the calibration state over 30 times.  So I guess my question(s) is:

—  Is this normal?  For all I know, maybe this is normal with Windows 10 and all of the native apps running in the background, etc.  The reapplications do seem to slow down after the computer has been on for a while.

— Maybe it’s fighting with something left over from the Spyder3 calibration?  I did uninstall everything and can’t find any leftover vestiges, but you never know.

— Maybe it’s fighting with my internal graphics controller (Intel UHD Graphics 620)? One thing to mention on this that might be important: I did use its software interface to adjust the RGB gains for the pre-calibration step, before reading in the FAQ that I shouldn’t use software for that step.  Maybe it’s reapplying my software adjustment and then the DisplayCal profile loader is fighting back?

Thanks all!  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

Expect the DisplayCAL profile loader seems to be in some sort of dogfight with something.

If nothing else unloads or applies a different calibration (which would result in flickering when the calibration is unloaded), there is likely no “fighting” going on.

Is this normal?

Yes, that is intended.

MattyT
    Participant

Ok great!  There is no flickering, so I guess I’m good.  It’s been a few hours since my original post, and I’m now up to 450 “reapplies” today, haha.  I guess that’s what it takes to provide stable calibration!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS