DisplayCAL on a laptop – windows 10 – whitepoint / white level

Home Forums Help and Support DisplayCAL on a laptop – windows 10 – whitepoint / white level

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ChaCha
    Participant

Hi all,

I am trying to calibrate my laptop. I am facing a problem with white level. Can’t find where to get the RGB colours and bring them to the desired value. Does anyone knows if we can adjust this somewhere? If we can’t how do we overcome this step?

In addition to this, the laptop has got dual GPU. Intel and AMD. Does anyone knows if this will affect the calibration in the sense that I have the AMD being used for LR and PS. Normal operation the Intel GPU.

Thanks in advance.

Vincent
    Participant

Hi all,

I am trying to calibrate my laptop. I am facing a problem with white level. Can’t find where to get the RGB colours and bring them to the desired value. Does anyone knows if we can adjust this somewhere? If we can’t how do we overcome this step?

The missing jump to get all bars aligned will be done in GPU LUT, reducing contrast (hopefully just a little if distance is small) and limiting 1 or 2 channel max output. Just click next.

In addition to this, the laptop has got dual GPU. Intel and AMD. Does anyone knows if this will affect the calibration in the sense that I have the AMD being used for LR and PS. Normal operation the Intel GPU.

Thanks in advance.

In a lot of laptops calibraion is loaded into iGPU, the other one just used fro computing when needed. That usually means banding artifacts after calibration.
    Try an uncalibrated display report from DisplayCAL menu and see what LUT test report.

ChaCha
    Participant

hanks for your reply. So does this mean that one should adjust the colours in the intel hd graphic card? I tried yesterday and it worked but probably if this will be creating artefacts better leave it as it was then.

Vincent
    Participant

hanks for your reply. So does this mean that one should adjust the colours in the intel hd graphic card?

No, read above. Just continue with calibration. DisplayCAL will compute a calibration, 3 x 1D-LUT tables, and those tables will carry such correction (1-2 channel max output limitation), full auto.
    It’s better if you can access display OSD and play with RGB gains… but laptops or imacs have not such controls.

I tried yesterday and it worked but probably if this will be creating artefacts better leave it as it was then.

Banding artifacts, I wrote that above.  Anyway, GPU control panel may use some oversimplification truncation, so try what DisplayCAL can do for that display. Maybe Displaycal calibration results in less banding artifacts.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Vincent.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS