DisplayCal n00b. Color distortion issue

Home Forums Help and Support DisplayCal n00b. Color distortion issue

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

JesusChrist
    Participant

I’ve been using DisplayCal on my Samsung UR59C with SpyderX Pro for the last couple of days and am constantly running into issues.  I seem to be getting a fine RGB  reading that I manage  to get quite balanced, I then proceed to do a calibration and once it ends windows colors get completely distorted. Once I go into windows management panel and I click on making the newly created .icm as the default (even though it already seems to have become the default) the problem gets solved as if windows couldn’t load it unless I did that, but then my chrome and skype end up with colors that fade and I can’t bring them back to normal unless I reset color settings and essentially remove the custom icm DisplayCal created.  I am completely lost as to what to do from this point forward. Also I find it impossible to get a gamma reading as what I receive is  “Aprox. gamma = 1.#J”

I don’t know else to try at this point. I should mention the profile type that I use is XYZ LUT+ matrix. Perhaps this when applied is mixing windows color settings up? . I am also unsure what to put under “Windows Colour System default- Device Profile”

Anyone could guide me here?

SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Place light-tight cap on the instrument (if applicable), or place on a dark, matte surface, or onto its calibration reference (if applicable), and press OK to calibrate the instrument.

JesusChrist
    Participant

where do I press OK? sorry am confused. I need to calibrate the device itself?

JesusChrist
    Participant

if I use my SpyderX .icm i don’t get the same color problems which makes me think if there is an issue with the icm DisplayCal makes. Some wrong setting somewhere? I would imagine this is it. But what exactly could be wrong. I run it on default settings.

JesusChrist
    Participant

Here a video I took showing how bad the calibrated state is https://we.tl/t-43Pc5HOBYJ

JesusChrist
    Participant

Also when  I make the newly created icm profile as the default one for Windows it affects how chrome and skype colors look and I then have to reset all back to default for the situation to resolve

I have no idea why this would happen and am completely stuck at this point

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I need to calibrate the device itself?

Yes, when asked.

JesusChrist
    Participant

What do you make of the problems I experience? any clues?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

If you didn’t do the instrument sensor calibration correctly (with cap tightly on the sensor), then that well explains your woes.

JesusChrist
    Participant

I did the instrument calibration by putting the light-tight cap back on it, but I still get the same distorion in colors/gamma when calibration of monitor ends as shown in the video. What else could it be?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS