DisplayCAL identifies monitor but can't identify instrument

Home Forums Help and Support DisplayCAL identifies monitor but can't identify instrument

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Axon14
    Participant

Hello all,

I am trying to calibrate an Acer XB271HU.  I have two of these monitors hooked up, I am working to calibrate the second one.  DisplayCAL sees them just fine, and identifies them as primary and non-primary.  However, once I load all my settings and even a profile, the instrument drop down box simply will not trigger, it remains greyed out.  Of course I clicked detect, but still, nothing.   I’ve tried downloading the drivers, I used the settings in tools, but unsure if I installed correctly.   Please, some assistance.  Thank you.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

what is your instrument? Does it appear in Windows Device Manager?

Axon14
    Participant

so thats where I’m perhaps derping out.    I see things like the ColorMunki Smile, I assume you need to buy one of those in order to calibrate?  I don’t have one.  sorry for the basic question.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I see things like the ColorMunki Smile, I assume you need to buy one of those in order to calibrate? I don’t have one.

Well, yes, you need one of the supported instruments to be able to do measurements.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS