DisplayCal – Benq pv270 , Resolve, macos High sierra prompt

Home Forums Help and Support DisplayCal – Benq pv270 , Resolve, macos High sierra prompt

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jonathan352
    Participant

Hi , I’m calibrating my Benq PV270 to use with Davinci Resolve 15.3 on mac with High Sierra, with Displaycal 3.8.

I’m getting this prompt (attached) should I click Yes? I don’t really know that the alert means to be fair.

Thanks a lot

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

if the message doesn’t explain it, maybe it needs to be improved. What do you feel is unclear about the message?

Jonathan352
    Participant

Hi Florian, thanks for the quick reply. I wouldn’t dumb down the message just for me!

Does it mean that by clicking ‘no’ I might get a better calibration when using Resolve, but for general MacOS use it would be inferior to clicking ‘Yes’?

Does Quicktime and VLC fall under applications using Apple CMM?

Thanks a lot

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Does it mean that by clicking ‘no’ I might get a better calibration when using Resolve

Correct.

but for general MacOS use it would be inferior to clicking ‘Yes’?

The problem with applications using the Apple CMM is bugs in the latter (posterization, black crush) when a more accurate type of profile is used. If you do not use or depend on Apple’s own applications, you’re fine with the more accurate profile type.

Does Quicktime and VLC fall under applications using Apple CMM?

QuickTime (player) definitely (afaik), VLC doesn’t do any color management (again afaik).

Jonathan352
    Participant

Nice one thanks a lot Florian  🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS