DisplayCal Beginner Questions

Home Forums Help and Support DisplayCal Beginner Questions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello, I am new here and I am a bit overwhelmed with the DisplayCAL Software. I tried calibrating once for the first time based on very limited knowledge of the software and I don’t think I did it correctly. I am using a SpyderX Pro. My first question is, When I go to Calibrate again what steps do I take for re-calibration If I would like to start fresh and remove settings and profiles? Secondly, under the “display & instrument” tab when I click on the “Correction” drop down menu I am only presented with choices of either “None” or “Auto (None)”. Should there be more correction options to choose from or is this normal? Is this because I never installed the Datacolor software? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

Datacolor bundled corrections should be in upper right combo. They are builtin. SPyderX cannot use generic user made spectral corrections, only custom matrix corrections made by you with and spectrophotometer and will only be valid for THAT display.

That’s the main reason buying spyders is not a good idea and mostly all people move to i1d3 colorimeters from Xrite (on these budgets, not talking about thounsands of euros/dollars)

Rashid
    Participant

My first question is, When I go to Calibrate again what steps do I take for re-calibration If I would like to start fresh and remove settings and profiles?

Hello! Select a preset in the upper drop-down list. This will reset your changes to defaults. Good starting point is “Office & Web”: just select a desired temperature (6500, 7500, …) and luma level (120 cd/m2, for instance). The most generic preset is “Default”. It just calibrates gamma curves, leaving temperature and luma as is.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Rashid.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS