DisplayCAL and SpyderX Pro – Some questions

Home Forums Help and Support DisplayCAL and SpyderX Pro – Some questions

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

trenzterra
    Participant

Hi all,

I purchased a SpyderX Pro calibrator yesterday on the understanding that the latest version of ArgyllCMS supports the SpyderX Pro calibrator.

I am pretty new to monitor calibration, especially using DisplayCAL, so I went to read up on some guides.

I think I am able to get the gist of it, but I have two questions which I can’t seem to find the answer to:

1. I understand that if you use Spyder5, you can import colorimeter data simply by referring DisplayCAL to the installation package. I can’t seem to do this for SpyderX; presumably, it is not supported. Will I still be able to make do without this colorimeter data?  So far, I am able to run calibration without any issues.
    2. I am having issues with the uniformity test. I am not sure if I am operating it correctly? Basically, once I start the test, a box pops up asking me to place my calibrator on a light-tight cap/ dark matte surface. Once I have done so, I press OK and another box pops up asking me to begin. I click OK and then nothing happens.

So I figured out that I need to click “Measure” on each individual box. However, whenever I click on a box, the light-tight cap dialog box and the “please begin” dialog box seems to appear in alternate but successively multiple times (I counted about four duplicate dialog boxes?). They pop up every two seconds or so, so I have no time to re-cap my calibrator, and uncap it. Is this supposed to happen or am I doing something wrong? Is there a step-by-step guide for uniformity calibration? I can’t seem to find anything…

Thank you!

SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

I can’t seem to do this for SpyderX; presumably, it is not supported

The SpyderX has no importable vendor corrections. Its measurement modes are fixed to four choices.

I am having issues with the uniformity test

You can skip most of the mandatory sensor calibrations by enabling “Allow skipping instrument calibration” under “Advanced” in the “Options” menu.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS