DisplayCAL and macOS 10.15 Catalina

Home Forums Help and Support DisplayCAL and macOS 10.15 Catalina

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

David Brown
    Participant

I am unable to use DisplayCAL (3.8.7.1) on macOS 10.15 Catalina because executables in the ArgyllCMS 2.1.1 package will not run because they are from an unknown developer. After encountering one of these message, I open the offending executable by right-clicking on it and selecting open, which produces a warning dialog, but does allow me to open the executable. However, when I run DisplayCAL, another executable from ArgyllCMS is stopped from running. Surely I don’t need to “manually” open each of the many  executables in that manner. I am surprised that I haven’t seen any discussion of this on these forums, or in Argyll’s documentation.

I’m hoping there is an easy solution.

David Brown
    Participant

I worked out a solution to the issue I was having. I removed xattr quarantine flag from all the files in ArgyllCMS/bin. (The Terminal command to do so is sudo xattr -r -d /path/to/ArgyleCMS/bin.) This allows all the executables to run.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

did you download ArgyllCMS separately or automatically via DisplayCAL?

David Brown
    Participant

I downloaded ArgyllCMS separately.

The terminal command shown in my prior post is incorrect. The correct one is

sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine /path/to/ArgyleCMS/bin

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Alright, yes if you download separately, you’ll have to remove the quarantine flag.

WillDPhoto
    Participant

Am excited about using DisplayCal but I’m unable to open the .pkg file. A dialog box pops up with ““DisplayCAL-3.8.9.3.pkg” cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.” I tried right clicking to no avail.

Has a resolution to this problem been identified? Presumably others running Catalina are having a similar issue.

Please explainlikeI’mfive, because I’m a photographer and only somewhat computer saavy.

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS