DisplayCal and GPUs

Home Forums Help and Support DisplayCal and GPUs

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Robert
    Participant

Hey, all

Just got a new PC with a GTX 1080 graphics card  and 4k monitor.  I’m kind of confused as to how to calibrate  monitor attached to a graphics card.  After calibrating my  monitor, I loaded the new profile. Clicking the profile loader icon indicated that the profile had been loaded.  Visually I could not see any difference between the old and new settings.  On my old machine I could view the different color profiles under the display settings. I’m given no such option on  my new PC.  I also checked under the settings for the GTX … nothing. The only place I’ve been able to see the new profile is in Windows Color Management.  Also, when I open DisplayCal , the options to load a profile are grayed  out.   Or, is there a different way of going about this. (outside of the graphics card )  I have no confidence in  my  current calibration settings.

Robert

nosauce
    Participant

I’m not an expert, but I’ll try to help…

– Make sure that the DisplayCAL profile loader is in control of loading the profile, not Windows: press the Windows key –> start typing “color management” –> open color management –> advanced tab –> uncheck “Use Windows display calibration”.  If this option is greyed out, then click “change system defaults” –> advanced tab –> uncheck “Use Windows display calibration”. I think if DisplayCAL profile loader is in control, the systray icon will appear colorful (not grey).

– Right click on the DisplayCAL profile loader icon –> “Profile associations…” and it should show you the profiles that you’ve previously created/loaded via DisplayCAL. If not, click “add” and you should see more profiles. Make sure to select the display that you want to associate the profile with up top (drop down menu). Double click on any of the profiles to load the profile you want to check out (it’ll set it as default). You can also single click on it and click “set as default”. You can remove any of the profiles you don’t use. You should be able to add “sRGB IEC61966-2.1″. I think this is the Windows, default,” uncalibrated” profile.

– Double click on the profile that you want to check out, then double click on the sRGB IEC61966-2.1 to see the difference between calibrated and uncalibrated. If you keep your mouse in the same position you can keep double-clicking again and again and it’ll switch back and forth between the two. This way you can keep your eyes on the part of the screen you want to focus on to see the difference.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS