DisplayCal and Flanders

Home Forums Help and Support DisplayCal and Flanders

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

AlexW
    Participant

Hi Florian and everyone,

Is there a way to load a calibration 3D Lut from DisplayCal into a  Flanders scientific monitor ? It uses a .cfe file and unfortunately I don’t see it in the export menu.

And how hard is it to use DisplayCal to perceptually match a RGBOled Monitor (Flanders DM250) with a WRGB LG Oled monitor, using the offset white setting ? Isn’t there a documentation section on that ?

Beside, I was wondering if some calibration doc classified by monitor brand wouldn’t be a great help (like in some other commercial software website, not to mention it).

And of course, thanks a lot  for the app, great tool !

Alex

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

Is there a way to load a calibration 3D Lut from DisplayCal into a Flanders scientific monitor ? It uses a .cfe file and unfortunately I don’t see it in the export menu.

I’d have to reverse engineer the format. One issue I see with that is that without a monitor for testing, this is probably going to be a bit of a stab in the dark. I wish they’d use an open specification.

And how hard is it to use DisplayCal to perceptually match a RGBOled Monitor (Flanders DM250) with a WRGB LG Oled monitor, using the offset white setting ? Isn’t there a documentation section on that ?

I think the FAQ describes the process pretty well. How hard it’ll be depends on the displays involved and personal experience.

Beside, I was wondering if some calibration doc classified by monitor brand wouldn’t be a great help (like in some other commercial software website, not to mention it).

Sure, I’m just not in a good position to create such documentation, because I do not have a lot of displays available.

AlexW
    Participant

Thanks a lot for these answers, Florian !

Here is a link to a CFE file from Flanders, just in case : CM240 Cfe File from Flanders
    If I can be of any help to make the test, just let me know, as I have a Flanders DM250.

A member of Liftgammagain seemed to achieve to turn a .cube file into a .cfe file by using another .cfe file and changed only the values after the header (keeping the header untouched)…More info there at the bottom of the post : Post

They also use .dat file format for DIT Lut to load on the monitor. They are available on their website.

I’ll check again the FAQ for sure (sorry to ask something that was already on the website).
    And if I can manage to do a perceptual matching successfully and a calibration process that work on the Flanders, I can also try to contribute with a method I can post on the forum. Just let me know if it can be useful.

Thanks again.

Alex

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS