DisplayCal and ACES with LG C8

Home Forums Help and Support DisplayCal and ACES with LG C8

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

JulianC
    Participant

Hi,

I’m calibrating an LG C8 Monitor with DisplayCal, using a Decklink Mini Monitor 4K via hdmi and Resolve for pattern generation. Using this link: https://hub.displaycal.net/wiki/3d-lut-creation-workflow-for-resolve/#pattern-generator-workflow as a guide everything works great.

My problem is that when I change the color science of Resolve from Davinci YRGB to ACEScct the color space of the LUT  applied to 3D Video Monitor Lookup Table also changes damaging the correction. So my question is, is there a way to apply this DisplayCal generated LUT to Resolve and work with ACES correctly or is there another way to upload this LUT to the TV directly? (I’ve been looking throught the forums but haven’t been able to find a correct answer yet).

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

interesting. I would have expected, probably like yourself, that setting the ACES output transform to Rec. 709 would provide the workflow you’re after (with the 3D LUT you’re using), but this doesn’t seem to be the case. I’m not sure how to set this up in Resolve, although I’m pretty sure there has to be a way.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS