DispCAL with XrandR gamma correction

Home Forums Help and Support DispCAL with XrandR gamma correction

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

elm85
    Participant

Hi @all,

i try to configure my internal Notebook Display (Thinkpad L470) with DispCAL. When i start measuring, i should change R G and B to fit recommended settings, but as normal with Laptop Displays there is no “buttton to change” this setting. So i have to do it in software. I’ve choosen XRandR to do so:

xrandr --verbose --output eDP1 --gamma 1.5:1:0.6

This changes the gamma standard setting. But when i now start measuring, DispCAL resets these settings. As i know now, this is “not a bug, it’s a feature”. But how could i change my display settings when DispCAL resets it?

Many thanks in advance!

elm85

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

[…] as normal with Laptop Displays there is no “buttton to change” this setting. So i have to do it in software. I’ve choosen XRandR to do so:

xrandr –verbose –output eDP1 –gamma 1.5:1:0.6

This changes the gamma standard setting. But when i now start measuring, DispCAL resets these settings.

Yes, that is expected, because both calibration as well the xrandr tool access the same underlying hardware.

But how could i change my display settings when DispCAL resets it?

You don’t – just skip interactive adjustment of RGB gains (changing brightness is ok as long as it is done via the backlight).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS