dispcal + spider 5 : different result between ubuntu and win 10

Home Forums Help and Support dispcal + spider 5 : different result between ubuntu and win 10

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

matt987
    Participant

hi ,

It s my first post in this forum,

i use a Datacolor spider 5 express probe with Dispcal. I have a dual boot on my PC (win10 + ubuntu). I’ve intalled dispcal on the 2 systems. During the measurement  step on my IIyama screen with defaut preset, results are different between win10 and Ubuntu. It seems better on Win10, on Ubuntu the brigtness and blue are very strong. After calibration the result is good on Win10 but on Ubuntu the color is too warm (red).

I put 2 screenshots showing the difference between the Win10 and Ubuntu in measurement step.

Does someone have an idea where this difference come ? (probe driver, graphic card driver )

Why the profile isn’t good after calibration on ubuntu ?

matt

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

you are likely driving the display with wrong levels in Ubuntu (0..255 instead of 16..235), which means you are clipping the signal. Either change to the correct setting in your graphics driver control panel (preferred) or in DisplayCAL (menu “Options” , enable “Show advanced options”).

matt987
    Participant

Hi Florian,

Thanks for your answer.

I check my Nvidia graphic driver control panel, color is in full range mode. I try to  force the full range in Dispcal options, i get the same result. I’ve made a test with limited range in the Nvidia control panel, the brightness fowling down about 12% and blue decrease a little but the result is almost the same.

I can t adjust my IIyama screen for windows and Ubuntu, i work on Darktable and Da vinci Resolve, i am going to move to Windows for my workflow to be sure to have correct colors.

Matt

Florian Höch
    Administrator

That’s what I was trying to tell you, full range is the wrong option. Choose limited or 16-235.

EDIT – IMPORTANT: And make the selection only in one place, i.e. if using limited in nVidia CP, choose “Auto” or full range in DisplayCAL.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by Florian Höch.

matt987
    Participant

Sorry my English is very bad …

I ve made 2 tests : limited in Nvidia control panel and after 16-235 in Dispcal options, Result is the same and still bad with blue, brightness is better (screenshot). I think the Nvidia driver doesn’t give the same display on Windows and Ubuntu with default options.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS