Did oeminst.exe work correctly?

Home Forums Help and Support Did oeminst.exe work correctly?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Darkmatter
    Participant

I have a  few questions. The biggest one being about oeminst since I have a Spyder5Pro.

I’m not sure if oeminst worked correctly due to a  couple of errors.  Here is what it wrote: (BTW I changed the name of the Spyder exe file because oeminst kept giving me the “cannot find” error. I think it was because it had the ver number in the file name with a bunch of . in it. Once I removed that it worked. If thats what it was you might want to add that tip to the documentation.)

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

D:\Argyll\bin>oeminst D:\Datacolor\Spyder5Pro\Spyder5Pro.exe

D:\Argyll\bin>oeminst -v Spyder5Pro.exe
    Loading file ‘Spyder5Pro.exe’..done
    ‘Spyder5Pro.exe’ seems to be a VISE archive
    Input file ‘Spyder5Pro.exe’ is a VISE archive file base 0x10008
    Failed to locate file ‘CVSpyder.dll’ in VISE archive
    Input file ‘Spyder5Pro.exe’ is a VISE archive file base 0x10008
    Located driver entry ‘dccmtr.dll’ at offset 0x763b8
    Located driver file ‘dccmtr.dll’ at offset 0x1ad9d7
    Located and decompressed file ‘dccmtr.dll’ from VISE archive
    Returning ‘dccmtr.dll’ length 53248 from ‘Spyder5Pro.exe’
    Failed to locate Spyder 2 firmware in ‘dccmtr.dll’
    Returning ‘spyd4cal.bin’ length 2296 from ‘dccmtr.dll’
    Wrote ‘C:/Users/Darkmatter/AppData/Roaming/ArgyllCMS/spyd4cal.bin’ 2296 bytes

D:\Argyll\bin>

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

I’m not sure why it wrote the output file as a spyder 4 since I have a spyder 5 Pro.

Do I need to do anything with that file?

Also, I have a PQ279Q display which uses W-LED. Do I need to check  the white or black drift compensation options?

Thanks

Edit: Also, I’m switching away from the Spyder software because everytime my monitor wakes up or turns on I would get a “Gammatracker” error pop up which hasn’t been patched/fixed for at least a year and I never found out how to fix it myself. Plus I’ve read this software is better. 🙂

• This topic was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Darkmatter.

Darkmatter
    Participant

I decided to go ahead and run a Fast “test” calibration before going to be last night. The profile looks great on the desktop and the report I did shows a very good DE of less then 1 in most cases. Unfortunately, in the game I’ve currently been playing “Factorio” it is rather dark. Also some items seem to have a chromatic fringe to them. All of this could be the fault of the game of course, but I dind’t have this before. Sadly there is no way in game to up the gamma or brightness as of yet.  I”m going to add the text from a post I found that comments on some of the inner workings of the game.

“Factorio is written using the Allegro[liballeg.org] library, but it is only used for cross-platform availability, sprite handling and audio output. The game engine itself is pure C++ because of (1) performance reasons and (2) it’s the programming language the devs are most familiar with.

The graphics themselves are 3D models created in Blender, rendered in a 45° angle to match Factorio’s isometric view.”

I’m going to run a slower calibration tonight and see if that helps, but when I did the first one last night all the bars (RGB and Brightness) were dead center when I was finished adjusting my monitor.

Edit: Forgot to add that I’m using the latest graphics drivers for my Nvidia GTX 1070 and I seem to be using the most up to date driver for my monitor.

Darkmatter
    Participant

Sorry to reply to my own post again but it won’t let me edit it anymore. I fixed the chromatic issue in the game by changing an in game setting. It must have gotten unchecked at some point recently.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Just to note, there is no need to run oeminst manually when using DisplayCAL – you are asked to import corrections (= measurement modes for the Spyder4 and 5) on first launch, or via “Tools” -> “Correction” -> “Import colorimeter corrections from other software”.

Also, I have a PQ279Q display which uses W-LED. Do I need to check the white or black drift compensation options?

No.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS