Desktop Monitor Calibration

Home Forums General Discussion Desktop Monitor Calibration

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Todd Nilssen
    Participant

I’d like to calibrate my desktop monitor (a Dell UP2716D) for use in both Premiere and Resolve (so no reference monitor at the moment). I primarily work in the sRGB/REC709 color space.

What would be the best way to go about this, so I can have two separate profiles for both sRGB and REC709 to switch between?

While the Dell UP2716D has sRGB/REC709 color spaces internally, I’m not sure I trust them, I will run a verification on it though, however I’m sure DisplayCAL will give me a more accurate profile.

Vincent
    Participant

You can use DUCCS software from Dell to try to get sRGB in CAL1 and Rec709 gamma2.4 in CAL2 slot.

Also you can try to correct sRGB preset with DisplayCAL in white point and gamma, trusting that such preset will be close to sRGB primaries (it should).

For Resolve you can use a native gamut preset and then make a LUT3D. It’s close to what you did in  https://hub.displaycal.net/forums/topic/is-my-white-point-off but if you wish to use it for video I would try to disable uniformity compensation or get a better display.
    Such contrast drop can be caused by user/system misconfiguration with HDMI output sending limited range signal.
    IDNK if such low contrast is caused by UC or wrong HDMI range, check it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS