Dell UP2516D Uniformity Compensation & mediocre Native D65

Home Forums Help and Support Dell UP2516D Uniformity Compensation & mediocre Native D65

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Lallos Konstantinos
    Participant

Well,my Dell UP2516D has a quite mediocre White Correlated Color Temperature = 6936K, DE 2K to locus = 5.1-as reported by DispCAL & Argyll- when set to its Native Mode 6500K.The problem is that I don’t want to manipulate my Monitor’s RGB Gain Controls during the Interactive display adjustment Setting of DispCAL to achieve a proper Whitepoint,because that requires disabling the Uniformity Compensation Feature on my Monitor.Is there any way that I could compensate for that deviance,either with the new Feature inside the DisplayCAL 3.2.4 called Visual whitepoint Editor in Chromaticity Coordinates Submenu of Whitepoint ,or setting a specific Color Temperature in the 2nd Menu of Whitepoint?Thanks in advance for your time,I think I’m reaching a dead-end situation.

WolfPeace
    Participant

To compensate for deviance and keep uniformity compensation- I don’t see how. You could compromise, and clip signal from GPU to achieve D65(or some other with Visual Editor) whitepoint and you would do that with setting Whitepoint to anything other than “As Measured” .

The way I would do it, if Uniformity compensation is required, is to leave the Whitepoint As Measured, the calibration will adjust the Grayscale to be neutral to the measured whitepoint of the monitor and your eyes should adapt to monitors whitepoint without major problems and after calibration when looking to monitor judge it as neutral.

Lallos Konstantinos
    Participant

Ok,you got a point here.Do you think this way I could end up with a Profile that can be used for accurate proofing,and a Calibration that adequately ( 97% AdobeRGB & 100% sRGB ) exploits my Monitor’s capabilities for Photoshop & Lightroom Editing,or just a Calibration that actually makes a more pleasant,viewing experience as long as Monitor’s White Balance is concerned?

WolfPeace
    Participant

Yes you should end up with both accurate LUT profile and calibration that will make grayscale neutral to the measured Whitepoint. It shouldn’t matter very much that your Whitepoint is not D65 and in the end you should have pleasant viewing experience and good proofing in Ps/Lr.

If chosing for correct Preset in monitor OSD menu I would go with one with widest gammut and/or most decent Whitepoint.

Lallos Konstantinos
    Participant

To be honest,I,too,thought of manipulating my NVidia’s GeForce GT730 Control Panel in order to avoid adjusting OSD Menus,but achieving a Whitepoint of D65 as a solid Calibration groundwork all the same.Nevertheless,I noticed the Common Usage Scenarios,provided in the GPU’s Control Panel,that propose the tweaking of Signal Controls found there as an option when someone will NOT calibrate the Monitor run by the GPU,and it struck me as suggesting that even if someone tweaks the GPU’s Controls,the GPU can NOT use these adjustments during Profiling & Calibrating,since DispCAL & Argyll will finally decice which tweaks are needed in the GPU’s LUT,and apply these(or am I missing sth vital here?),overriding any tweaks I had previously made.Anyway & anyhow,you surely know your way through such proccesses better than me,and I’m indebted to you for your insightful proposal.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS