Dell U2715H Edid override and calibration

Home Forums Help and Support Dell U2715H Edid override and calibration

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Robb
    Participant

Hi, I am calibrating a Dell U2715H monitor on MacOS Mojave. I did an Edid Override so the monitor could be recognized correctly.
    Does this have any effect on the calibration of the monitor?
    The only issue I seem to notice is a very flat cmyk conversion in photoshop.

I use a matrix color correction for he 1i Display Pro and a Dell Monitor found on the DisplayCal database.
    I use 6500 white point and 120 cmd.
    Before calibration i select the generic Dell override profile and reset my monitor and select custom color.
    Is there anything i can do better?

Thanks in advance

Robb
    Participant

Maybe this helps

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Robb
    Participant

Also, what’s a good place to start before the calibration?
    Meaning, which profile should one use or select to run the calibration process?

Thank you

Rob

Vincent
    Participant

Hi, I am calibrating a Dell U2715H monitor on MacOS Mojave. I did an Edid Override so the monitor could be recognized correctly.
    Does this have any effect on the calibration of the monitor?

If EDID override is not working as intended patches may show up wrong.

The only issue I seem to notice is a very flat cmyk conversion in photoshop.

Photoshop is color managed. It does not matter which gamma you have as long as profile stores it.

Also Apple color management for desktop (not adobe) forces you to use idealizd unrealistic ICC profile type. Contrast is said to be infinite. Simulating black ink on a very low contrast display with such idealized profile may lift simulated black a litle.
    But it has to be very low contrast, very low for a supposed to be 1000:1 display. If that happens there is something wrong in GPU-monitor comunication, like HDMI range mismatch or such. Check it.

I use a matrix color correction for he 1i Display Pro and a Dell Monitor found on the DisplayCal database.

Custom CCSS or use generic WhiteLED

Is there anything i can do better?

If you see color tints in non color managed gradient, move calibration speed to slow or medium at least.

Banding in non color managed envirement is 99% caused by GPU but newer macs with AMD card should not have those issues. intel iGPU may show them. Non correctable, HW limitations.

Also, what’s a good place to start before the calibration?
    Meaning, which profile should one use or select to run the calibration process?

DisplayCAL will ignore current profile while calibrating. It does not matter.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Vincent.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Vincent.

Robb
    Participant

Vincent, i am so grateful,
    Thank you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS