Dell u2515h problem with gray balance on new calibration.

Home Forums Help and Support Dell u2515h problem with gray balance on new calibration.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Gianluca.M.
    Participant

Hi!
    I usually make a new calibration and profile for my two monitors about every month.
    last month I was able to have good profiles for my both monitors “Dell u2515h”,”Benq pd2500q”.
    But these days i am having trouble to getting a new good calibration and profile for my dell u2515h.
    I have tried with three types of profiles but the result is very similar.
    when I check the measurement report of the newly created profile, and if “Evaluate gray balance through calibration only” is activated, the delta in the gray balance is very high. But strangely the profile I created for it about a month ago was pretty good.
    Instead, with my other monitor Benq pd2500q I still have no problems even with the new calibration done a little while ago
    The only difference from a month ago is that I updated my video card driver to Nvidia 460.89 studio driver version.
    Im on windows 10 Pro x64 20H2
    Im using i1Display pro and i have a Nvidia GTX 1070 TI as Video card.
    I attack some reports and compressed profiles of dell u2515h, including the good one I created a month ago.

I apologize for my bad english.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

Hi!
    I usually make a new calibration and profile for my two monitors about every month.

Better to run a measurement report. If it is OK and WP did not drift to another b* white outside your own criteria… it’s fine. No need to calibrate. It is a proof that it is working as expected.

last month I was able to have good profiles for my both monitors “Dell u2515h”,”Benq pd2500q”.
    But these days i am having trouble to getting a new good calibration and profile for my dell u2515h.
    I have tried with three types of profiles but the result is very similar.
    when I check the measurement report of the newly created profile, and if “Evaluate gray balance through calibration only” is activated, the delta in the gray balance is very high. But strangely the profile I created for it about a month ago was pretty good.
    Instead, with my other monitor Benq pd2500q I still have no problems even with the new calibration done a little while ago
    The only difference from a month ago is that I updated my video card driver to Nvidia 460.89 studio driver version.
    Im on windows 10 Pro x64 20H2
    Im using i1Display pro and i have a Nvidia GTX 1070 TI as Video card.
    I attack some reports and compressed profiles of dell u2515h, including the good one I created a month ago.

I apologize for my bad english.

If you experience grey issues not caused by GPU calibration induced banding (typical from nvida on 8bit link to display) use “slow” calibration speed. It raises the iterations up to 96 covering in detail uncalibrated gamma ramp.

Also check is there is some built-in auto brightness on display & disable it.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Vincent.

Gianluca.M.
    Participant

Thanks for the help Vincent.

Better to run a measurement report. If it is OK and WP did not drift to another b* white outside your own criteria… it’s fine. No need to calibrate. It is a proof that it is working as expected.

thank you for your suggestion.

Also check is there is some built-in auto brightness on display & disable it.

I checked it out. That feature is disabled by default in custom color mode.

Yesterday I reverted to the previous video card driver (457.30), because I noticed that my monitors flicker for a few seconds when the OS starts. Luckily, with older drivers it seems that monitors no longer have that flicker problem.
    Out of curiosity I tried to redo a monitor calibration with the same settings I had used previously. absurdly now the result of the new calibration seems to be better, and it is very similar to what I got last month. Surely next time I will try to use the slow speed for calibration as you suggested but…
    Could the bad result I achieved with the previous calibrations be due to the new Nvidia driver? (460.89) Could a video driver affect monitor calibration so much?
    I attack the measurement report of the new profile

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS