Dell U2413 and CAL1

Home Forums General Discussion Dell U2413 and CAL1

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jane
    Participant

Hey everyone,

Dell U2413
    Xrite i1Display Pro
    Hardware calibration (LUT)

CAL1 – Native
    CAL2 – sRGB

I hardware-calibrated the Dell U2413 (DUCCS Program) and now I would like to check the accuracy of the calibration.

I think CAL2/sRGB verification was successful…see the photo/s.  Did I use the right settings?

I have a problem checking CAL1 (Native)
    I switched CAL2/sRGB into CAL1/Native (OSD) but DisplayCAL (Measurement Report) still show CAL2/sRGB. See the NOK photo.
    Turning OFF/ON computer didn´t help.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Jane.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Jane.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Jane
    Participant

Sorry there are only 6 different photos.  The rest are duplicates.

Vincent
    Participant

Hey everyone,

Dell U2413
    Xrite i1Display Pro
    Hardware calibration (LUT)

CAL1 – Native
    CAL2 – sRGB

I hardware-calibrated the Dell U2413 (DUCCS Program) and now I would like to check the accuracy of the calibration.

I think CAL2/sRGB verification was successful…see the photo/s.  Did I use the right settings?

I have a problem checking CAL1 (Native)
    I switched CAL2/sRGB into CAL1/Native (OSD) but DisplayCAL (Measurement Report) still show CAL2/sRGB. See the NOK photo.
    Turning OFF/ON computer didn´t help.

Usually DUCCS have issues correcting grey ramp if uncalibrated CALx has bad grey. You did not check it. Choose upper combo in report RGB + gray balance. Look for grey range in a*b* (max color/tint distance between greys). Individual greys can be <1dE to reference, but if grey range is bad (even 1.5) this can be spotted by eye very easy seeing a non color managed grey gradient. That means that that calibration will not be very suitable for B&W work, or Illustratior or UI design, or something like that.

Regarding verifications displaycal verifies if display and display profile on OS match. Again… you did not that… and that points that you were using your U2413 in the wrong way all the time:
    Each OSD mode needs to have a matching profile set as default in OS. So if you change from CAL2 to CAL1 you need to change in OS settings default display profile from XXX_CAL2.icm to XXX_CAL1.icm. Then verify again. That’s also apply for using LR or Photoshop. If you do not make what I’ve explained you see colors wrong.

Vincent
    Participant

I’ll do just use a simple verification chart without simulations, just check if profile and display match. Then you can go to simulations.

Also d2 & d3 tab configuration is not needed to verify. That will be for making a profile without GPU calibration fro your HW cal after DUCCS has finisehd its work.

Jane
    Participant

PrtScr: settings x

I chose a Verification testchart
    RGB + gray balance

I think results are fine.
    PrtScr: sRGB 1
    PrtScr: sRGB 2
    PrtScr: sRGB 3

PrtScr: Native 1
    PrtScr: Native 2
    PrtScr: Native 3

…, just check if profile and display match. Then you can go to simulations.

What/where are simulations ?

What kind of profile is a BeforeProfile.icm?  May I delete it?

PrtScr: beforeProfile

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

…, just check if profile and display match. Then you can go to simulations.

What/where are simulations ?

Simulate how profile will behave on color managed apps while showing an image with an embeded profile XXXX . In Diplaycal that means verify against simulation profile XXX but DO NOT tick on “use simulation as display priofile” checkbox.

For example in your native gamut HW cal check how it behaves showing an sRGB image (in gamut), eciRGBv2 (several colors out of displya gamut) etc..

What kind of profile is a BeforeProfile.icm?  May I delete it?

PrtScr: beforeProfile

A backup of current display profile when you run DUCCS on CAL1/CAL2. It will be overwritten over and over every time you calibrate HW CALx.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS