DaVinci Resolve verification

Home Forums Help and Support DaVinci Resolve verification

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

garrison
    Participant

Hi!

I’m trying to do verification of DaVinci Resolve using DisplayCAL before calibration and after (to compare results). I generally understand the process of Resolve calibration via 3DLUT. But I don’t understand how to verificate it before calibration (before creating 3DLUT). For example, if I don’t have 3DLUT yet or it was created a long ago, and I need to check color performance of Resolve on my display, which parameters do I have to set in DispCAL? I try these:

• select “Settings” parameter to “<Current>”
    • on “Display & instrument” tab select “Display” parameter for “Resolve”
    • on “Verification” tab check “Simulation profile” and select Rec709, check “Use simulation profile as display profile”, select Tone curve as “Rec. 1886 Gamma 2.4”

And the “Measurement report” button is greyed out! I can’t do the verification. It only stays active if I select “Tone curve” as “Unmodified”. But I guess it is not the right value since I try to check curve “Rec. 1886 Gamma 2.4”.

Is it a bug or I do something wrong? DispCAL version 3.8.9.3, AgryllCMS 2.3.0 x64, Windows 10

After I perform the calibration and try to verificate it under newly created “Settings” (the value is the name of profile created), the “Measurement report” button is active on all the same parameters as described above!

• This topic was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by garrison.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

You need a profile installed by DisplayCAL on first run. You can try EDID or vendor (driver) ICM.

garrison
    Participant

You need a profile installed by DisplayCAL on first run. You can try EDID or vendor (driver) ICM.

Vincent, you mean I first need to create 3DLUT for DaVinci, and only after that I will be able to verify DaVinci with this 3DLUT and without it? By the way, I try to verify DaVinci from other PC in local network

Vincent
    Participant

No.
    If you have no previous LUT3D do not use any LUT3d/device link to verify “pre calibration”.
    If it is a widegamut monitor without sRGB/Rec709 mode to 2.4g you can try to compute a extremely idealized LUT3D from Rec709 to vendor ICC, then validate is as a suppored out of the box behaviour using factory calibration.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS