Davinci Resolve 3d lut to yellow

Home Forums Help and Support Davinci Resolve 3d lut to yellow

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Chelaru Catalin
    Participant

Hello,

i have a 10bit screen ( 275P4VYKEB/00 ). I created the 3d lut for davinci using the tutorial from this site. I calibrated my monitor prior but in resolve the colors where to satured and after some googling i found out that i need to make a 3d lut for davinci. After creating it and setting it up the color got “correct” in saturation but the image is to yellow, the shadows go up and the highlights go down in exposure. If i export the video and watch in MPC with color management enabled the video looks cooler then in davinci, they way i shoot it on my camera(nikon z6, normal recording in camera). I watched the video on multiple devices and it looks like the video i see on MPC not the way i see it in Davinci.

Any suggestion, what i am doing wrong ?

Chelaru Catalin
    Participant

My monitor guy is set to the 7500k as the 6500 is a bit to yellow for me. I made a 3dlut without the VCGT as i wanted to have the wide system color profile applied by DisplayCal Profile Loader, as i use PS and Capture One for my photo work + irfan for jpeg viewing with the color management add on.

Still i have issue with the image in davinci, i think the gamma is off, setting it to 2.2, black to 0 helped a bit but not much. I am doing a new calibration with 7500K set in display call for Davinci, i hope to get read of the yellow cast.

Chelaru Catalin
    Participant

After the calibration was finished i disabled the vcgt and just set the Gamma text box from 2.4 to 2.2, after this the colors and the gamma in davinci look perfect.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

Measurement device must be able to read display properly. That means (“cheap side” ) an Xrite spectro using 3nm mode or an i1d3 colorimeter with a suitable correction for that display. Otherwise measured values won’t be real.

If doing alt whitepoint as su say, LUT3D must be configured to relative colorimetric. Abs col will translate your white to sourec colospace white (D65)

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS