Davinci Resolve 3D LUT calibration advice

Home Forums Help and Support Davinci Resolve 3D LUT calibration advice

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Neil Briones
    Participant

Hey there, I have completely followed the 3D Lut creation tutorial for Display Cal and I have successfully embedded the LUT to the color viewing tab.

Just one quick question though because I still find it confusing since I’m still in the processing of understanding calibration and color values.

When I applied the Color Viewing LUT to Resolve, It works fine but nothing really changes here when I grade. I’m not noticing any gamma shifts or so.  I’m also calibrating it via GUI so I’m not using any external monitors or deck link.

However, things get really different when I also applied a calibration LUT on my OLED display.

When I applied BT.1886 to the OLED display. I can now see a huge difference in the gamma curves and darker shadows in Resolve.

I’m aware of the BT.1886 characteristics that its meant for OLED displays but whats scratching in my head is that it’s also affecting Davinci Resolve’s GUI which also affects the way how I grade.

Is there a correct method of doing this when working in resolve?

Should I also apply the calibrated LUT to my Windows 10 display and also apply 3D Lut to the Color Viewing Tab in Davinci Resolve?

I’m using Dell XPS 7590 OLED.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS