Dark Images in Mac "Photos" & "Preview" with DisplayCAL generated Profile

Home Forums Help and Support Dark Images in Mac "Photos" & "Preview" with DisplayCAL generated Profile

This topic contains 34 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Arvids Baranovs 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author

PeterS
    Participant

i submitted it as a bug as well…

James
    Participant

Thanks for the workaround.  Obviously not ideal, but working well for me on several systems now.  Will file a bug report as well.

tarna
    Participant

Guys, any news on this important problem?

It is impossible to calibrate a Mac system on any device with DisplayCal. On Windows 10 no problem at all. On MacOs ugly crushed blacks and dark hues in Preview, and also in Adobe Lightroom Develop mode!! (in the Library modul no problem, interesting) The strange thing is, that if I switch off to use  vga support (in LR), the problem’s gone… Wtf..?

The same problem with basICColor software, but no problem with i1Profiler, the offical software for i1Display Pro (I have this device)! Why is that??   Any idea?

James
    Participant

No news from Apple that I’ve seen, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.  This bug has been around  a while.   Certain profile types just seem to have issues in some situations.   There is a workaround using “1xCurve+Matrix profile with black point compensation” described on a previous post:

Dark Images in Mac "Photos" & "Preview" with DisplayCAL generated Profile

Arvids Baranovs
    Participant

The workaround does work (by re-creating profiles), but I guess it creates a less precise profile. Well, at least my images exported from Lightroom look the same in Quicklook and Preview now. Following this thread in case there are any updates in the future.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.