CS2420 calibration results opinion

Home Forums Help and Support CS2420 calibration results opinion

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

gianluca nk
    Participant

Hi, I have just bought a new Eizo CS2420 and calibrated it with DisplayCal 3.6 and Spyder 5. I would like to know your opinion about the attached results. Settings are also attached. I selected “interactive display adjustments” and then set the display to match 120cd/m2 and gamma 2.2 before starting calibration (before applying the adjustments the measured whitepoint was close to 7000K and the gamma was also quite far from 2.2). Here are a few questions/concerns:

• Black luminance and contrast look quite poor to me, or at least worse than I thought
    • I noted that color temperature is higher at low luminance values and makes a small step at 25%; I am wondering if this behavior is normal
    • Gamma vs luminance curve is also far from being flat and shows some steps too
    • Grey balance looks not good at low luminance
    • Do you have any suggestions to improve the calibration?

Thanks in advance.
    Gianluca

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

-Reviews show worse contrast @D65 (7×0:1) in CS2420 than expected for an IPS @native white (1000:1). Also you can have uniformity compensation turned ON.
    -Seems OK, but you should try a “slower” calibration if you want best greys.
    -could be related to graphics card. DisplayCAL, i1Profiler and other GPU calibration solutions rely on graphics card LUT. Best to try with an AMD card (>8bit LUT and dithered outputs).
    Since CS2420 has hardware calibration (Color Navigator, free, go to Eizo’s website), try it: white point, gamma and gamut will be corrected inside monitor LUTs. Then validate with DisplayCAL, if you are not happy with whitepoint, you could try to fix small deviations with DisplayCAL and graphics card LUT.
    -related to previous answer
    -related to previous answer, but a) Spyders are not very accurate as measurement devices, b) you should use an spectral correction for widegamut LED monitors, c) Spyder has not a suitable correction for that kind of displays but you can try bundled “RGBLED” correction imported from Datacolor software or use some GB-LED backlight sample CCSS correction from community (CS240, PA2x2W, some Dells… etc).
    Also you can try 2.2 gamma instead of sRGB gamma unless you actually want sRGB gamma (sRGB gamma with native gamut as it seems from your report). If you want sRGB gamma try to use sRGB gamma preset in your monitor’s OSD: less correction to be done in graphics card LUT, less banding and “jumps” in graphics card not so suitable for calibration (like laptops)

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by Vincent.

gianluca nk
    Participant

Thanks Vincent, I will follow your suggestions. My graphic card is an Nvidia GeForce GTX950, I couldn’t find any information about the LUT. As for c) how can I import a correction from Datacolor software? I could not find any ccss or ccmx file, nor export option in SpyderPro. Finally, in DisplayCal correction dropdown menu I only find “auto” and “none”: is that correct? I remember I had several options in some previous version.

gianluca nk
    Participant

Finally, in DisplayCal correction dropdown menu I only find “auto” and “none”: is that correct? I remember I had several options in some previous version.

I found the options I referred to, they are in the “mode” dropdown menu, not under “correction”.

Vincent
    Participant

https://displaycal.net/#colorimeter-corrections

Just select the setup executable from Datacolor (or Xrite)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS