Cricket Chirp Sound. Slow And Go

Home Forums Help and Support Cricket Chirp Sound. Slow And Go

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

RobertG
    Participant

I’m now performing my very first calibration run. During calibration there are multiple unexplained sounds. It begins with a lot of camera shutter sounds, but then it starts making cricket chirp noises, and no more camera shutter sounds. After this occurs, it does not always show a color patch per chirp,  or I can’t percieve it with the naked eye (looks black) and there is a considerable amount of time between chirps. OOH just now I got another shutter sound effect…

“Measurements taken = 58. Computing update to calibration curves. Iteration 2/2 with 32 sample points and repeat threshold of 0.900000 DE. Patch 31 of 32.”  Just now as I write this I finally saw a green patch for a second but now it’s black again. It seems to be thinking a lot, and not scanning color patches very often.  But I don’t know.  What do the sounds mean? Is it supposed to appear much slower after the beginning of the calibration? It just chirped again but nothing changed on the screen.

I’m on a 3ghz Core 2 Duo, 4gb RAM, cheap old Nvidia card, Win7 x64.  I just realized the Spyder Utility is still active in my system tray during all this. Is that bad?

Thanks Much in advance <3  OOH now it did a different beep noise, says Hardware version 0x0a0f patch 6 of 34, then spent a lot of time thinking again and just started snapping more with shutter sound (11 of 34 now. Yay)

I suppose it just needs a lot of time to think in between scans sometimes? Still, curious what the different sounds represent.  Whoa COOL ! a ring of fire and wooshing rocket sound! Stylish 🙂  I didn’t catch what it said but now it’s doing 391 more patches. Interesting…  I suppose that’s enough with the play-by-play. Thanks in advance 🙂

RobertG
    Participant

It completed the profile about 10 mins ago. 🙂 Looks good as far as I can tell!  How can I compare it to the profile the Spyder 5 did? Or is it overwritten?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

You can turn the sounds off by clicking the speaker button on the progress dialog.

I just realized the Spyder Utility is still active in my system tray during all this. Is that bad?

I would close it, I’m not sure what it does outside of the calibration reminder, but it might interfere with the measurements.

How can I compare it to the profile the Spyder 5 did? Or is it overwritten?

If you want to get a report on the profile accuracy, you can do that on the “Verification” tab by assigning the Spyder software profile to the display (i.e. right-click profile loader icon in tray, choose “Profile associations…”) and then selecting “<Current>” under settings in DisplayCAL.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS