Creating ICM Profiles with LUT Files

Home Forums Help and Support Creating ICM Profiles with LUT Files

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

System
    Participant

Hello,

I have a couple calibrated LUT files for my monitor. I don’t have any calibration hardware around, and I need to make ICM (Windows) files for everyday use. I tried LeDoge’s DWM Lut, but it is currently incompatible with Insider builds. So my only option is to use ICM files in Windows.

I couldn’t obtain any nice results using 3DLUT Maker or Synthetic Profile Creator, and I’m not sure how to utilize it. I tried Lcms2 and other tools, but I still don’t know how to convert LUT files to Windows-compatible profiles. Can somebody assist me with this situation?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by System.

Vincent
    Participant

It works the opposite way. A display/device profile and a “simulated” workspace are used to make a LUT3D.
    If you wish to get a display profile that reflects how display behaves with lut applied by a 3rd party app or embebed HW with that LUT3D, just priofile without calibration (calibration tab, all configured as measured)

System
    Participant

That’s excellent, but where should I put my LUT file?

Vincent
    Participant

That’s excellent, but where should I put my LUT file?

In whatever program that file format is meant to be loaded. We do not know how did you get those files and their format. Hence… it’s up to you.

System
    Participant

Okay, I successfully applied my pre-calibrated RGB curves. đŸ™‚ If someone needs assistance in the future, I can walk them through the steps.

Simply: Save your calibrated curves in Capture One format (.copreset). Copy the values for each color to your preferred text editor. Replace every “;” with a “\n”. The first column contains the RGB_I values, while the second column contains the corresponding color values. Each colors RGB_I values are the same; simply copy from any one to the first column of the “.cal” file. (When selecting columns, the Alt key is your best friend.) Then, in DisplayCAL, go to Tools > Video Card Gamma Table > Load Calibration Curves from Calibration File or Profile.

Furthermore, on top of that, you can use EDID values.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by System.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS