Creating 3D LUTs form existing profile

Home Forums Help and Support Creating 3D LUTs form existing profile

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Federico
    Participant

Hi, I am pretty new to calibration.

I have bought an i1 Display Pro and I am starting to calibrate my pc monitor which is an old TN monitor (LG W2243S). I calibrate it using the settings shown in the attached pictures. D65 Whitepoint, Tone curve set to Gamma 2.2 and White level 120 cd/m2 (I let the screen warm up for an hour and a half) I also bump the number of patches to ~2500.

Can I create a 3D LUT from this profile for Reshade and for madVR without taking measurements again? Or I should set Tone Curve to “As measured” and White Level to “As measured”? Will the results be good if I create them from this profile? I have tried and in madVR it seems to crush some black detail, as I don’t see the black bars from 17-21 with the resulting 3D LUT.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings from Argentina.

Federico Pulido

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

cremor
    Participant

What is your goal? Do you want an ICC profile and 3D LUTs? Or only 3D LUTs?

You can create multiple 3D LUTs from an existing profile, just uncheck the “Create 3D LUT after profiling”, choose the desired settings and press the “Create 3D LUT” button. It’s even visible like that in your last screenshot.

Btw, I would suggest you use a correction matching your displays backlight type to get more accurate readings.

Federico
    Participant

What is your goal? Do you want an ICC profile and 3D LUTs? Or only 3D LUTs?

Hi, I want to create an ICC profile, a 3D LUT for Reshade and another 3D LUT for madVR. I am using DisplayCAL Profile Loader for the ICC profile.

You can create multiple 3D LUTs from an existing profile, just uncheck the “Create 3D LUT after profiling”, choose the desired settings and press the “Create 3D LUT” button. It’s even visible like that in your last screenshot.

I tried that but creating a 3D LUT for madVR isn’t working as expected or maybe using AVS HD 709 patterns to verify is not the correct way. I am a bit lost but I am eager to learn all I can about calibration.

I have created a 3D LUT for madVR just a few hours ago but the results must be wrong, it told me my black level was too low and I set madVR to TV Levels and now, using the 3D LUT I can see WTW and BTB. I attached APL Clipping Pattern playing with madVR and 3D LUT enabled.

Btw, I would suggest you use a correction matching your displays backlight type to get more accurate readings.

How do you know what the backlight type of your display is? I think my old LG W2243S does not have LED Backlight, so I calibrate whithout using a correction.

Attachments:

Federico
    Participant

Me again, I will also attach Calibration Curves, Tone Curves, Gamut Map and the report in txt, to provide more information.

Attachments:

Federico
    Participant

Hi, I have calibrated again for madVR and now I have better results (report attahced), just changed from USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 (as I read it brings some problems).  Just the blue color is a bit off. Rest seems ok.

Thanks for creating this software.

Attachments:
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS