Create profile from measurement data..

Home Forums Help and Support Create profile from measurement data..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

CALmelion
    Participant

I noticed that it it possible to create a new monitor profile without doing the long 45+min measurements again.

But if you change the amount of patches for example, it doesn’t ask to do that again.

Is there any harm in doing a [XYZ LUT + matrix] with a fairly high number of patches first, and then creating an additional [Single curve + matrix] profile for example using the same measurement data? Would that give the same result as going through the whole process again?

The single curve seems to be limited to 34 patches..

I assume the .ti3 file is the right one to do this, while the bpc.ti3 version would have Black point compensation?

Does that mean the checkbox does nothing when re-creating a profile or.. ?

Vincent
    Participant

I have not used that feature

No, you can choose whatever you want, for example 175 patch for LUT to have a  TRC closer to actual bahevior, or a custom one, to make a simple 1TRC matrix profile.

CALmelion
    Participant

No, you can choose whatever you want, for example 175 patch for LUT to have a  TRC closer to actual bahevior, or a custom one, to make a simple 1TRC matrix profile.

It automatically jumps to 34 when selecting the Single curve, and automatically jumps to XYZ when trying to increase.

In any case the colorimeter isn’t (asked to be) used again so it’ll have to work with whatever was selected the first time.

Vincent
    Participant

It automatically jumps to 34 when selecting the Single curve, and automatically jumps to XYZ when trying to increase.

Change it. It’s a combo box.

CALmelion
    Participant

Change it. It’s a combo box.

Another testchart you mean? Supposedly the Auto-optimized is recommended. Still, it won’t scan for more patches with anything larger than originally selected, so i would guess it is simply ignored entirely. Use whatever is in the ti3.

Not sure if Auto-optimized selects one of the available charts, or a custom. But in case of the latter, that in combination with a Single curve would be something the GUI doesn’t actually allow originally – with more than 34 patches that is.

ps, The bpc.ti3 format usage also remains in question.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS