Create a LUT for 5 different Screens

Home Forums General Discussion Create a LUT for 5 different Screens

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

fl00000
    Participant

Hello!
    I have an issue to calibrate 5 screens together. Maybe someone here have an idea?

I’m making a screen-installation with 5 different type of screens. I split my video content on 5 parts and I have to export 5 videos. The video content will be play and synchronized by one video player Brighsign LS424 per screen. So now i’m looking for a solution to calibrate the color profile of the screens together. I was thinking to scan each screen with a kind of spyder devive and then export the LUT with DisplayCal. Finally I will import the LUT in my editing software. Would be this workflow something working with DisplayCAL?
    thanks for you help!

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

yes, you will want to match the whitepoints of all the screens before profiling to get a good match (see FAQ).

fl00000
    Participant

thanks for your reply. I tried it with a spyder5 but how can I after the calibration process save the color profile as a .lut format? The 3dLut tab in DisplayCal was desactivate…
    A video editing software can only read .lut, .cube, .look. But can’t read a screen profile like a .icm/icc file. All the generated file in my export folder was unreadable. I also tried after the process to convert the generated png file as a lut with a free converter but my lut had no information.
    Thanks in advance, Florian

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The 3dLut tab in DisplayCal was desactivate…

Menu “Options” -> “Enable 3D LUT tab”

fl00000
    Participant

thanks I will try it next year 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS