Could someone translate this into actual english? Re: Asus i1DPro Plus support

Home Forums General Discussion Could someone translate this into actual english? Re: Asus i1DPro Plus support

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Darkmatter
    Participant

So, I was talking to Asus about support for the i1DisplayPro Plus and whether it would get supported down the road.

BTW I know what SW is, what HW is, and what API is. I just found it “odd” that they say they can’t do it when Argyll CMS (unless I’m mistaken) already allows use of the Pro Plus…

I could be wrong, but this sounds like “special” language that more or less comes down to paying a licensing fee, which they are willing to do for their ultra high end ProArt monitors, but not their mid range ones. Am I wrong? 🙂

The first response was this,

I’ve had discussion about this with our Asus internal teams and most likely at this time we will not.

I believe it may be due to the fact that some of the 3rd party’s vendor SW APIs and source code are NDA confidential to only some of their certain tooling HW models.

I replied with,

I noticed in this FAQ it mentions you having a Calibration 2.0 software and it says in the list of calibrators that it supports both the i1DisplayPro and the Pro Plus.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1043733/

I also see that this isn’t offered for the PA329C.

Sorry, maybe I misunderstood your last email, but it sounded like you were referring to the HW of the Pro Plus, but according to this FAQ, you already support it with the 2.0 software that you haven’t made available to PA329C owners. 🙁

The response I got was,

I noticed in this FAQ it mentions you having a Calibration 2.0 software and it says in the list of calibrators that it supports both the i1DisplayPro and the Pro Plus.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1043733/

I also see that this isn’t offered for the PA329C.Sorry, maybe I misunderstood your last email, but it sounded like you were referring to the HW of the Pro Plus, but according to this FAQ, you already support it with the 2.0 software that you haven’t made available to PA329C owners. 🙁

I suppose in the end it probably doesn’t matter since DisplayCal offers a lot more features, but it kind of sucks that they have this internal chip in the monitor that is basically going to waste… 🙁

Thanks,

DM

Calibrite Display Plus HL on Amazon   Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS