Corsair 32UHD144

Home Forums Help and Support Corsair 32UHD144

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

pHneutral
    Participant

Hi there!

First off, big thanks for this wonderful piece of software that I’ve been using for years, and still hope to keep using! I hope someone here can help me out clarify a few things regarding panel type.

At the moment I’m using Displaycal in combination with a Spyder X. Recently I built a new system, and also got a new monitor, the Corsair 32UHD144. I’m trying to figure out which mode to chose, and (also?) which correction settings to load in Displaycal. As far as I’m able to find out, displayspecifications says the panel is ‘white led’, while it’s also specified as ‘ Quantum IPS’ . I bought it, because in reviews (Tom’s Hardware), where the panel was calibrated, it seemed to have a wide gamut of 100% adobeRGB, as well as DCI-P3. The panel’s ‘standard’ settings should be relatively close to 6500k and gamma  2.2. I ran a few reports with Displaycal to see the out of the box gamma & colour temperature. I generated the report one time with having White LED selected, one time with ‘Generic’ , and two times with ‘LCD PFS Phosphor’ selected. I conducted the measurement two times with LCD PFS to see if they’re relatively identical, because each mode recorded colour temperatures all over the place, so I wanted to see if that’s just a general phenomenon, but it wasn’t, because the two LCD PFS measurements were way more close/similar in values. All measurements were quite off from the supposedly ‘out of the box’ close to 6500k though, WhiteLED most. In all measurements the gamma was pretty spot on to 2.2.

Anyway, so my question is, what mode select (and corrections to load) to have at least a bit of a representative correction? Of course I can compare the results just visually with same photos I edited on my old panel, but still I’m curious and welcome some tips..

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Dennis

• This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by pHneutral.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

(almost) Full adobeRGB and P3 points to QLED or PFS phosphor (AdobeRGB flavor).

Since SpyderX lack of distributable corrections you’ll have to stock with bundled ones or rent an spectrophotometer. Try “Wide LED”

pHneutral
    Participant

Thanks so much for your reply Vincent! Yeah, I tried short pre-measurements (where Displaycal allows for manual adjusting RGB values), and those were way off compared to PFS Phosphor. And so calibrating with PFS Phosphor yielded very good results, corresponding and even slightly better than what I read in reviews. Actual coverage, 99.2% sRGB, 99% AdobeRGB & 90.5 of DCI-P3, and volume, 166.8 % sRGB, 114,9% AdobeRGB and 118,1% DCI-P3. I had to just dial down slightly the reds and greens before calibrating. Amazing! My first wide gamut monitor after two decades of active photographing! I compared familiar edited photos and yep, seems accurate. So I suppose my question no longer stands. 🙂

Best,

Dennis

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS