correction using an unsupported spectrometer

Home Forums Help and Support correction using an unsupported spectrometer

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Antonio Marcheselli
    Participant

Hi there,

Can I create a correction file for my i1 Display using an unsupported reference spectrometer (typing values manually)? The UI only allows to use a detected instrument.

Thanks

Tony

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

this is currently not possible via the UI, but you can manually enter the measured values in a copy of an existing TI3, e.g. by copying the one from the colorimeter readings and over-writing the XYZ values. You can then select this file in the colorimeter correction creation dialog.

Antonio Marcheselli
    Participant

Thank you.

Is there a way to manually play the charts used by the process?

Alternatively I could put the i1 on a black surface so each chart stays several seconds on screen, allowing me to take a reading with the reference instrument.

Thanks

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Is there a way to manually play the charts used by the process?

Yes, and it should work on Linux and Windows, under OS X, the system-wide color management may interfere.

First, reset the video card gamma table (menu “Tools”). Then, select the “Untethered” display on the “Display & instrument” tab. On the “Profiling” tab, select the testchart for colorimeter correction. Then, choose “Measure testchart” from the advanced sub-menu in the “Tools” menu.

Antonio Marcheselli
    Participant

Hi Florian,

Back on this subject – I’m only attempting a calibration now: on the manually amended ti3 file, shall I change the NORMALIZED_TO_Y_100 “YES” to “NO”? I don’t think my Y values are normalised to 100. However if I change that field on the amended ti3 I get totally wrong Y values on the summary table at the end. Leaving it to NO seems to work.

Anything else I need to change on that file besides the name of the instrument and the 4 WRGB readings? I had to change the INSTRUMENT_TYPE_SPECTRAL to “YES” for the software to work or it would say that ‘exactly one reference measurement is needed’. I guess that makes sense, it cannot be a reference measurement if the instrument is not a spectrophotometer, correct?

Cheers

Antonio Marcheselli
    Participant

addendum: no, my brightness was totally wrong. I normalised my values to the white Y and all seems good now.

Antonio Marcheselli
    Participant

Sorry Florian, I was wondering if you could confirm that my approach used to modify the ti3 file is correct.

Thanks

Tony

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Yes, you did the right thing.

Antonio Marcheselli
    Participant

Hello Florian – forum,

Bringing up this old thread I started as with a new TV I need a new correction.

I did my last correction in 2017 so I am basically starting from scratch…

I believe I followed the above directions:

• Taken readings with my reference CR300 spectrometer
    • Amended a TI3 file with the XYZ readings. XYZ normalised so that White Y reads 100
    • I loaded that file under the calibration screen and read the patches with my i1Display.
    • When it’s done it’s giving an error which I attach.

Also – as I cannot remember – what do I put under LUMINANCE XYZ CDM2? I feel it may be White XYZ but not normalised, is that correct?

I’m attaching the TI3 file I have used.

Thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS