Correction Graph Comparison

Home Forums Help and Support Correction Graph Comparison

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Ecliptic
    Participant

Hi,

I have an LG 32UN650-W 95% P3 monitor and a Calibrite ColorChecker Display. I have read around the forums that it is best to grab a user contributed spectral correction, compare it to the available high-res ones and use the latter. I would like some advice regarding which of the 3 corrections to use. I believe that these are the closest ones by visually comparing graphs.

Also, is there any way to know whether a good correction has been chosen? Say, if I get a results of 94.5% P3 coverage, is this a good indication that a good correction has been chosen?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

MW
    Participant

The difference in outcomes will primarily affect the interactive display adjustment. In other words the white point. So it takes not much time to load each correction and adjust RGB levels. From there if one correction looks subjectively off compared to another, that can be used as a fair indication.

Better still is to have a high resolution reading of your specific backlight type.

Anyway, probably not the user provided one out of those three, the resolution is too low for that backlight type.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by MW.

salzrat
    Participant

I’m in a very similar boat (see thread I recently opened). What you can easily try is to measure your white point with each of these curves and see how much the difference is.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS